Monday, April 17, 2023

Awesome Tucson

Chris. I have dreaded every single city that we have passed through because negotiating traffic on a bike is not fun.  But Tucson is a bikers dream with over 130 miles of bike paths that wind around and through the city.  We had wonderful rest days and were able to speak of things other than biking which was very, very good.





 


My brother Harold and his wife Elba with the beautiful plants that Elba so capably cares for.  They took such good care of us and provided wonderful respite for my weary body and soul.
 





We biked in beautiful Catalina State Park.  I just LOVE the scenery.
 






We were graciously welcomed into the home of Doug and Jenell Ulrich who are friends from my central Illinois days.  So good to reconnect.
 


 

Doug rode with me 40 miles out of Tucson and not only found a more direct route that shaved off 20 miles (yay!) but the first 7 miles were downhill.  He’s an awesome riding companion.





 

Casa Grande was very good to me.  Not one, but two pennies at the gas station.   



 We loved this bad boy that watched over our tent site in Stanfield, Arizona. 



 

I rode past many of these feedlots where thousands of these beautiful creatures turned and looked expectantly at me when I called out “Awwwwww”.   I fantasized that I could take one home with me but they were all so cute and I couldn’t choose and then I felt even worse about their plight.  



 

I had another round of riding on interstate with no meltdown this time.  The shoulder was wide and clean of debris and other than the fact that it was 92 degrees by the time I got off the bike it was a delightful ride.  I’d rather ride in hot weather than cold.



 


Even got up the nerve to stop for a drink and take a pic.  The views were simply magnificent.  I don’t know how much more beauty I can take in.  I’m sure there’s something ugly up ahead.
  


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment